Lightweight and fast Linux distribution.Antony Peel
PCLinuxOS, also known as PCLOS, appeared with the intention of offering Linux users a simple and easy-to-use interface. Although it was originally conceived as a fork of Mandrake (currently Mandriva), it has gradually drifted apart, becoming an increasingly independent distribution.
A Linux distribution to start off with
PCLinuxOS is a very easy-to-use distribution with capacity to recognise a wide range of hardware and install the drivers necessary. It launches very quickly and incorporates a large software library, including programs such as Firefox, Dropbox, Brasero or MPlayer, just to name a few of the hundreds of programs ready to be used.
- KDE graphical interface that includes an LXDE window manager.
- Supports Nvidia and ATI graphic cards.
- Can play the most widely spread multimedia files.
- Great capacity to detect hardware and peripherals.
Download PCLinuxOS and enjoy Linux with a lightweight distribution, suitable for users without too many expectations.
- You need to burn the image onto a disc to be able to launch the installation or virtualize it with an appropriate program.